This policy details how data about you is used when you access our websites and services (together, “Textroop”) or interact with us. If we update it, we will revise the date, place notices on Textroop if changes are material, and/or obtain your consent as required by law.
1. Protecting your privacy
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not run ads, other than the classifieds posted by our users.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in affiliate marketing (and prohibit it on Textroop).
- Please review privacy policies of any third party sites linked to from Textroop.
2. Data we use to provide/improve our services and/or combat fraud/abuse:
- data you post on or send via Textroop, and/or send us directly or via other sites
- data you submit or provide (e.g. name, address, email, phone, photos) etc.
- data collected via cookies (e.g. search data and “favorites” lists).
- data about your device(s) (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage).
3. Data we store
- We retain data as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but can make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about you via your account login.
4. Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of Textroop or the general public.
- with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- in connection with a merger, sale/transfer of assets.
- in aggregate/summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.